Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Pinching Pennies

Now that prices are on the rise and the next big depression is on its way (according to Mr. C) I have been trying to pinch those pennies a little tighter. My sister has a close friend who is some sort of money saving savant. She knows how to use her CVS Extra Care Card to make actual cash and get free stuff at the same time. I cannot grasp the complicated series of events that must take place to make this happen, but she did tell us about a wesite that I can use to make some magic. http://www.fishingfordeals.com/

You must go there . . . here's how it has helped me so far. Ok, so we have about 62 animals and all the kids who live here . . . carpet upkeep is not to be taken lightly in this house. Our old vacuum was not working well and so Mr. C and I decided to take the leap to a Dyson. (There are literally entore blogs dedicated to the Dyson and its amazing performance . . . we have not been disappointed) But, the price is a bit steep as we all know . . . so I went on fishing for deals and found the Overstock.com message board. Here you can send a message to a manager at Overstock.com and ask for a discount on any item they have on their website . . . I asked and I received . . . $50 extra off of their already discounted price . . . a total of $100 cheaper than in stores . . . and it was brand new, not factory refurbished! People ask for discounts on anything and everything and most of the time they are granted! I feel like I have a fairy Godmother.

I have also gotten some free stuff. Like the following:


That's a Calphalon knife and a Senseo coffee maker . . . ok, I had to pay shipping on the coffee maker but to me it was worth it . . . a $55 savings and I will be saving money by not wasting coffee every morning, right?! Win win!

Go forth ans SAVE!

No comments: